Franklin School Parent Teacher Council
Make sure and Like our Facebook Page (Benjamin-Franklin-Elementary-School-PTC) for up to date announcements.
Helping enhance your children's school experience
The mission of the Franklin PTC is to support academic, artistic and cultural initiatives of the staff, students and families of Benjamin Franklin School. The PTC will recognize and support volunteerism by providing a flexible schedule of opportunities. Through staff and family collaboration, the PTC will work to enhance the education of all students.
Contributions to the school community
Your PTC is pleased to provide partial or full funding for various field trips and/or cultural events each school year. In past years children and teachers have enjoyed special events such as shows at the Colonial Theatre and Keene State College; and trips to the Friendly Farm and Magic Wings.
Annual family events
The Holiday Breakfast is held on a Saturday morning in December. A small fee is charged to pay for the breakfast. Games and children's activities are provided.
"Cabin Fever" Family Night is held in a winter month. This fun night includes activities, games, crafts, music and refreshments for the Franklin community to enjoy. Franklin Family Fun Nights, which include Bingo, Movie Night and Game Night, are free admission nights for Franklin families to have fun together.
New Hampshire Dance Institute (NHDI) a weeklong program of creative movement and music will bring our school together once again in a brilliant school-wide performance, creating lasting memories for all.
Other things supported by the PTC
• Cheshire Smiles - Each year many Franklin students receive free dental screening and treatments in grades K-3.
• Staff Appreciation Week - This is a week in May set aside to honor the Franklin staff and teachers with a special luncheon and small items throughout the week provided by the PTC.
• Teacher Gifts - When financially possible, the PTC provides each teacher/classroom with funds at the beginning of the school year, to use for classroom needs and wants not normally covered in their budget. Teachers may use this gift however they wish - for the class as a whole, or for each individual student.
• Spirit Gear - The PTC will provide each new student with a Franklin t-shirt at the start of the school year. Additional spirit gear can be purchased throughout the year online (watch for flyers and Facebook posts). We currently have sweatshirts, sweatpants, water bottles, scarves, hats, and t-shirts available for order. Most of these items can also be personalized with your name!
• Box Tops for Education - Save the "Box tops For Education" logo off your grocery items, we get 10¢ for each box top. Collections are in October and February.
• Hannaford's Helps - Save your "Hannaford Helps" slips when you shop at Hannaford, we get cash! Slips are collected from Sept thru December.
• Price Chopper AdvantEdge Card - Log onto Pricechopper.com and register your AdvantEdge card with our School Code 39529.
We usually meet the second Wednesday of every month at 6:00 pm in the library at Franklin School. Middle school students provide free childcare at the meetings. All parents, guardians, grandparents and staff are welcome to attend.
If you have any questions about the Franklin School PTC, please leave a message for one of the officers by calling the school at (603) 352-1712, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Promploy – President
Beth Garcia - Vice President
Amber Evans - Secretary
Carrah Fisk Hennessey - Treasure